Thinking of what to cook on a daily basis and with very limited supplies is quite a source of headache. Just like any other person who is tasked to the kitchen, I have a lot of grocery items that we need to always have. Today, I was too lazy to go out to buy veggies, so I had to settle with what I have in my very little pantry.
With the pork chops from the freezer, I decided to do a dish that I think is not a common variety on most households. Anyway, I successfully made a dish I called Pork chop and beans 🙂
- Pork chops (I had about 6 pieces)
- Garlic and onion, diced
- 1 pack of tomato sauce, as shown in the picture
- 1 large can of pork and beans
- a pinch of pepper
- 3 tbsp patis (fish sauce)
- Heat pan and saute garlic and onion. Wait until the onion becomes transparent. (Stove should be on low heat).
- Add the pork chops and the fish sauce. Let it simmer until pork is tender.
- Once pork is tender, pour tomato sauce and add the pinch of pepper.
- Add the pork and beans last and let the tomato sauce marry with the flavor from the pork and beans.
- Let it simmer for another 5 minutes and serve.