Compared to the hectic outdoor activities in 2012, 2013 proved to be the most laid back in terms of travel. We only traveled outside the Metro only once (Palawan), other than that, we pretty much stayed at home. There were a lot of first as usual, but mostly, last year revolved so much around Geoff. In addition, I think the best description for that year is “GRATITUDE”. I am grateful for a lot of things, and I think photo blogging will better describe it.
- Geoff turned 1 and a catholic. We are so blessed and thankful to see so many friends and family members celebrating this milestone with us.
- Geoff had his first haircut. A bit traumatic for us, however, it did not stop the kiddo from having fun during his first visit to BGC.
- I won several contests from the blogs that I stalk. This includes the La Andi package from the Soshal Network, play and learn classes and GC from Bebengisms and One Dental Care, tickets to the Nido Discovery Center from AXA Philippines, and the best so far was the Palawan accomodation and tours by Akira and Everything Nice and 8 Dragon Tours. These blessings were overwhelming and until now, I am still grateful.
- I finally had the courage to switch to a touch screen phone. I decided to stay with Sun Cellular since the service is okay and the price of the plans they offer is quite reasonable compared to others.
- Geoff attended a play and learn class for a brief period of time. It was such a shame that the commute proved to be harsh for both of us, but I am also glad that he was able to experience “a bit” of discipline and the concept of following rules.
- I finally got myself an oven and had my ups and downs in baking, until I finally triumphed. The purchase of this oven led to the creation of Nibbles. I was able to get back all the investment I made, plus a decent amount of savings as well. Through this, I also received a verbal commendation from a customer who said “ang sarap sarap kasi ng revel bars mo”. Such a heart warming gesture.
- I was able to bring Babe to the Underground River as our 2nd wedding anniversary getaway. It was quite funny since I booked our tickets as early as March. Come September, an emergency happened and we both thought it was best not to push through anymore, until I learned that I won free accommodation for 3D/2N and an Underground River tour for 2! We immediately rebooked the flight, this time through Air Asia Zest (they have reasonable prices and they were on time for both flights too!). My biggest thanks to Ms. Jenny and Sir Jeron of 8 Dragon Tours for the chance.
- I made my very first DIY costume for Geoff’s Trick of Treat. Well, Babe helped too. You see the strap, he stitched everything there. I did the skirt and patches, as well as the colors. It was a success, and we could tell that Geoff really enjoyed the event even if we were dead tired by the end of the day.
- It was also a year for friendship. Though we don’t see too much of each other nowadays, we are still as close as ever, especially now that our family is growing. Thank you Lord for these people, for without them, I would not be the person I am today.
- Babe and I only managed one climb this year. Muntik pa madisgrasya. I thank the Lord as well for guiding me through that ordeal. Indeed, never underestimate nature and everything in it.
- Last year also brought us closer to our families. Though not everything was as smooth sailing as we hoped, we were still able to overcome most of the challenges and accepted it as a means of making us and our bond stronger. I am thankful for them, for their continued support and love.
- We had several food trips, ranging from really budget to pricey type. I am thankful because food trips meant that we have money to spend, and that we are well enough to eat it. After all, food trips are expensive somehow.
- I am also thankful for this little boy (or baby!) as he continue to provide endless love and joy for Babe and I. We are thankful that he is healthy, sweet, and lovable. I also pray that he continue to be a voracious eater. I am hoping as well that this is the year that he starts talking.
- I am also thankful for my husband and my marriage. That even though it is not perfect, both of us are making the efforts to adjust and make it work. We were close friends for years, boyfriend/ girlfriend for months, and hopefully partners for a lifetime.
Here’s to a thankful look back at 2013, and a year full of hope for 2014. May you and your loved ones be blessed as well.