I love cooking. If I only had unlimited budget and supply of ingredients, I might just consider staying home and cook for a living. This is of course, a wishful thinking as we have a lot of payables to consider, plus, there is only me to do eveything (we have a yaya, but her focus of course, is Geoff).
According to a popular saying, the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach. That goes without saying, and I am happy to know that Babe is my number 1 fan with my cooking. I have my mom to thank for the knowledge and of course, the Internet. Today, I cooked battered octopus and stir fried pumpkin and string beans. Here is another lunch idea that anybody can use or try at home:
What you need:
What to do:
- Pour water on a pot and add salt. Bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, slowly lower down octopus. Cook for 20-30 minutes, depending if it’s already tender.
- While waiting for the octopus to be tender, combine flour, egg, and milk. Put a pinch of salt to taste.
- Once octopus meat is done, cut into desired shape/ portions then dip in batter.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
Stir-Fried Pumpkin and String Beans
What you need:
- String beans
What/How to do:
- Heat pan and drizzle with oil.
- Saute garlic and onion until onion is clear in color.
- Add pumpkin and pour a little amount of water.
- When pumpkin is soft, add the string beans. Mix well.
- Turn off heat and keep the pan covered so that the string beans will cook some more.
How to make the octopus dip:
- Mix mayo, honey, a pinch of sage and turmeric.
- Serve everything with a steaming cup of rice and a smile. 🙂