I love cooking, and it was my first time cooking maja blanca and palitaw this morning. I got the recipes from my mom, who is an awesome cook. Anyway, here are the steps for both.
- 1/4 glutinous rice
- 2 cups shredded (?) niyog
- 1 small pack of linga
- 3 tbsp sugar
- Roll the glutinous rice or malagkit in the palm of your hands and flatten as desired.
- Drop into boiling water and wait for it to float. Once it floats, it is an indication that it is already cooked.
- Transfer the cooked malagkit into a plate to drain.
- Roll the malagkit into the niyog.
- Serve with the sugar and linga mixture.
By the way, the linga has to be toasted and mixed into sugar.
- 1 can condensed milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 200g cornstarch
- 1 can creamed corn
- 2 niyog
For the latik:
- Pour 1 cup of water on the niyog and squeeze the coconut milk from it. Set aside.
- Cook over medium fire until brownish in color.
For the maja mixture:
- Pour another 7 cups of water and squeeze again. This will serve as the first mixture.
- On a pot, cook the 1st mixture and continuously stir.
- On another bowl, mix the evaporated milk and cornstarch. Mix well to dissolve the cornstarch.
- Once the pot of 1st mixture boils, mix in the condensed milk, creamed corn, and the mixed evap and cornstarch.
- Continuously stir until thick.