I received a cookie cookbook from my aunt a couple of months ago. This weekend, I decided to browse through it again and check if there was something easy to try. I found this sort of healthy treat and tweaked the recipe a bit since I was short on all purpose flour (APF) and brown sugar. I also added a bit of nutmeg for the kick I wanted in cookies. Enjoy!
1 cup cake flour (original recipe called for 1 1/4 cup APF)
1 cup granulated sugar (original recipe called for 3/4 white and 3/4 brown sugar)
1 cup butter
1 tbsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp cinnamon powder
1/2 tsp nutmeg
3 cups quick cook oats
1/2 cup butterscotch chips
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla until mixed well.
2. In smaller bowl, mix flour, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
3. Combine the butter and flour mixture and mix until blended.
4. Put the oatmeal and butterscotch chips last and mix until fully incorporated.
5. Roll cookie mixture into spoon size balls and place into cookie sheet 2 inches apart from each other
5. Bake in preheated oven (375°) for 7 minutes (chewy) and 10 minutes (for crispy).
6. Cool in rack and transfer to an air tight container. 🙂